To cite this page, please use the following:
· For print: Citation: AntWeb. Version 8.91.2. California Academy of Science, online at https://www.antweb.org. Accessed .
· For web:
Extant: 5 valid species
Genus Emeryopone Forel Emeryopone Forel, 1912 3: 761. Type species: Emeryopone buttelreepeni, by monotypy. Emeryopone buttelreepeni Forel, 1913 4,36:15 (w.) Emeryopone junior synonym of Belonopelta: Baroni Urbani 1, 1975: 296. Revived from synonymy: Bolton, 1995:28.HNS
Emeryopone ForelHNS, 1912 3: 761. Type species: Emeryopone buttelreepeniHNS, by monotypy.
Emeryopone buttelreepeni ForelHNS, 1913 4,36:15 (w.)
EmeryoponeHNS junior synonym of BelonopeltaHNS: Baroni Urbani 1, 1975: 296.
Revived from synonymy: Bolton, 1995:28.
General Diagnosis of the genus:
Small to medium size, mandibles long with 5-6 tooth, apical tooth unusually long, and broadly curved. Antennae 12 segmented with 3 segmented club. Eyes formed from one to ten ommatidia. Frontal lobes present. Alitrunk with well developed sutures. Petiole squamose with a well formed subpetiolar process. Hind tibia with a single pectinate spur. Body generally sculptured.
List of EmeryoponeHNS species
There are 5 species of EmeryoponeHNS, known from Sumatra, Nepal, Israel, China and India.
1. Emeryopone buttelreepeni ForelHNS 3 1912: 762 (w.)
2. Emeryopone (Belonopelta) franziHNS (Baroni Urbani *) 19755:305 (w.) (Revived from synonymy5)
3. Emeryopone (Belonopelta) loebliHNS (Baroni Urbani 1) 1975:307 (w.) (Revived from synonymy5)
4. Emeryopone melaina XuHNS 2 1998:122 (w., q.)
5. Emeryopone narendraniHNS sp. nov.